TANIA NARANJO’s music is of a theater of emotions
“Every song swings in great fashion”
“Her very personal Latin-Jazz style swings very beautifully”
“SOLEIL” The Swedish National Radio has kindly asked Tania Naranjo to compose a new musical piece. Her new musical piece “Soleil” was premiered by Duo Naranjo-Weurlander at the World Music Gala, “Folk & Världsmusikgalan”, the 18th of Mars 2017 at the Helsingborg Concerthall. The World Music Gala was broadcasted live by the Swedish National Radio P2.
Tania Naranjo grew up in Santiago, Chile. Early on she came in contact with, and developed a strong passion for, Classical piano and Chilean folk music. Tania is an established pianist and singer living in Sweden and has performed her own music worldwide in solo concerts, with symphony orchestras and with her own constellations. In Tania’s compositions and her musical expression there is room for a driving rhythm along with creativity and improvisation which can be heard i.e. on her solo album “La industria del miedo “ . Her music is inspired by jazz, Argentine tango, 20th century modern composers and urban Chilean music along with Andean folk music.
Tania has been touring in Scandinavia and perfomed in International Festivals all over the world in solo concerts, with symphony orchestras and with her own constellations.
Swedish National Radio SRP2, YLE Radio Vega Finland, Polish National Radio & Radio U.de Chile, Radio Cámara has done documentaries about her music.
As solo artist she has interpreted Piazzolla’s symphonic music together with the most eminent tango musician in Europe, Marcelo Nisinman; Concierto de Nácar with MAV Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Gál Támás in Budapest (Liszt Academy), the Swedish Wind Ensemble & works often with symphony orchestras in Scandinavia & South America. She has been artistic director of experimental music projects like “Orange Tech & Latin Ensemble” and composed music for theater & film productions. She has collaborated with Danza Urbana in Hamburg.
Tania has released her solo album “La industria del miedo” and “Entwined” with Duo Naranjo-Weurlander
She was “Artist in residence” at Circolo Scandinavo in Rome, april 2016
11 May 2016 Tania Naranjo performed her music during the first official visit of Chiles President Michelle Bachelet in Sweden at the invitation of His Majesty the King. (at Stockholm-Waterfront Congress Center)
18/2-2017 Duo Naranjo Weurlander performed their music with Blåsarsymfonikerna -Stockholm the Swedish Wind Ensemble and conductor Jonas Dominique
The Swedish National Radio has kindly asked Tania Naranjo to compose a new musical piece, to be premiered by Duo Naranjo-Weurlander at the World Music Gala, “Folk & Världsmusikgalan”, the 18th of Mars 2017 at the Helsingborg Concerthall. The World Music Gala will be broadcasted live by the Swedish National Radio P2.
Tania Naranjo is supported by the Swedish Arts Council, the Swedish Arts Grants Committee, the Swedish Performing Arts Agency, Crafoord Foundation & Sten K Johnsons Foundation
Selection of international tours & festivals:
- Solo concert at National Congress of Chile broadcasting Live by TV Senado(Chile)
- “Fabulous Swedish Jazz” in Hamburg with Duo NW (Germany)
- “Sunfest” & “Kultrunfestival” with Duo NW (Canada)
- Scenkonstbiennalen “Det deepest place” Opera (Sweden)
- Performance at ISPA congress in Malmö Live with Duo NW (Sweden)
- Paris tour with Duo NW (France)
- “Musika be sienu”, “Tytuvėnų vasaros festivalis” & “Palanga- International M.K.Ciurlionis music festival” World premier own composition for soprano & piano Dura tocata panéfica with lyrics by Pablo Naranjo Golborne (Lithuania)
- “Camaríssima” Auditorio Blas Galindo, “Castillo de Chapultepec” (Mexico City)
- “Ethosfera festival” Recorded by TV Skierniewice (Poland)
- “Súmmartónar” (Faroes Islands tour)
- Concierto de Nácar with MAV Symphony Orchestra, Trio Nisinman conducted by Gál Támás in Budapest (Recorded by Radio Bartók)-Liszt Academy (Hungary)
- “Vinterjazz” Copenhaguen with Duo NW (Denmark)
- “Stockholms Kulturfestival”,“Women in jazz”,“Umefolk” and many more (Sweden)
- “Música junto al río” (Recorded by ARTV Chile) “Semanas musicales de Olmué” and many more (Chile)